Location: San Francisco, CA
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture and applications infrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
NASDAQ Private Market is the premier equity services provider to private companies. Our end-to-end solution enables private companies to digitize, integrate, and control all of their equity-related functions, including cap table management, shareholder liquidity, investor relations, and capital raising. We are seeking a senior developer to join our team to create complex enterprise-level products for high-profile customers. In this role, you will work closely with the platform architect, product management and senior technical leaders to design and deliver robust, scalable solutions; participate in all phases of the technology product life cycle, from inception through introduction into the marketplace; use cutting-edge technologies and latest yet proven patterns to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions; mentor developers and drive technical innovation; build and help design highly intuitive user experience for complex tasks and participate in an innovative and highly effective Agile team.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience building applications with RoR/Ruby
- Experience creating AJAX applications (Comet a plus)
- Familiarity with Ruby coding conventions and meta-programming a big plus
- Experience with RDBMS e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Knowledge of basic OO concepts/design patterns
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM teams
- Linux, EC2, general systems operations skills a plus
Education and Work Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience building web applications.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodologies.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or substantial work experience
Education, Professional accomplishments, and Certifications:
- Education Required: Degree qualified in a discipline related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years.
- Special Qualifications: Knowledge of one or more programming or scripting languages, such as C, C++, C#, .net, Java, Perl, etc., and one or more operating system, such as Windows, Linux/Unix, etc.
Skills, Requirements and Competencies:
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Requires some general supervision and/or supervision to apply technical knowledge to our industry/markets.
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Is accountable for developing functional knowledge in order to become a full contributor to the team and its work distribution.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using existing experience, existing standards/ precedents and processes; and will be getting more comfortable using own judgment.
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within standardised guidelines, procedures and practices and meets deadlines as described by supervisor.
- Exchanges straightforward information with others; asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Is being more independent in thought; is starting to challenge ‘why’ and gets involved in more difficult discussions.
- Identifies data requirements and collects all relevant data needed to analyze a problem, situation or issue; considers reliability of data and sources before utilizing and referencing.
- Recognizes how pieces of information relate to one another and identifies root causes, patterns or logical errors.
- Identifies basic implications/ conclusions from the logical analysis of a routine situation or issue.
- Demonstrates understanding of how the organization does business (i.e. business model and operations, financial performance, and key success factors).
- Applies basic understanding of the policies, practices, trends and information that impact the organization and its customers to anticipate and plan for each step of a project.
- Understands the financial impact of decisions/solutions and how own role contributes to positive outcomes.
- Gathers pertinent information about a problem by identifying underlying issues, analyzing data and patterns, and identifying the root cause.
- Recommends and completes detailed solutions to problems.
- Draws from standard practices and previous experience to implement solutions.
- Tests software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- Conducts a range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that applications meet or exceed specified standards and customer requirements.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and note 'Senior Software Developer' in the subject line.