Effective Date: March 5, 2018
Information we collect from you
How we use your information
- We may use your information to provide services, respond to inquiries, communicate with you, process transactions, improve, develop, provide content for, operate, deliver and market our Sites, implement social networking features, comply with our company policies and procedures and with applicable law, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
How we share your information
- We may share your information with our business units, affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, customers, and service providers, and as otherwise permitted by law. We do not sell or share information with third parties so that they can independently market their own products or services to you, unless we have explicitly given you the option to opt-in such disclosures. Click here to learn more.
Cookies and similar Technologies
- You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. Click here to learn more.
Access and Correction of Your Information
- We provide you with the opportunity to be informed of whether we are processing your information and to access, correct, update, oppose, delete, block, limit or object, upon request and free of charge, to our use of your information to the extent required by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
Security of Your Information
- We maintain commercially-reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your information. Click here to learn more.
- We may transfer your information outside of your home country. To protect such information, any such international transfers will be made in accordance with applicable law. Click here to learn more.
- If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about one of our Sites, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address for us to send your friend a one-time email to invite him/her to access the specific Site.
Links to Other Websites
- Our Sites may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Nasdaq, including links to websites of our advertisers, sponsors and partners. Click here to learn more.
By visiting or using our Sites, we may collect the following categories of personal information (“Personal Information”) you provide to us:
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Mailing address;
- Business contact information;
- Any other Personal Information you volunteer on or provide access to via any or our Sites and/or any Nasdaq community forum, social media offering or blog.
We may also automatically collect the following categories of information from devices (e.g., mobile, computer, laptop, tablet) used to visit or use our Sites (“Device Information”):
- Clear gifs;
- Flash LSOs; and
- Other information as described in our Cookies Policy
Personal Information and Device Information collectively referred to as “information.”
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide you with the services and products offered on our Sites;
- Respond to or follow-up on your comments, inquiries or other requests;
- Communicate with you about your account or use of our Sites;
- Process transactions on our Sites;
- Develop, provide content for, operate, deliver, and market our Sites;
- Improve the quality of our Sites and tailor them to your preferences;
- Implement social networking features you have activated (e.g., Facebook “Like” button and LinkedIn integration); and
- Communicate with you about special offers and other marketing communications.
We also use your information for compliance with our company policies and procedures, for accounting and financial purposes, and otherwise as required or permitted by law. If you do not provide us with information as described above, we may not be able to fulfill the applicable purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide our Sites to you.
From time to time, we may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, customers (subject to any confidentiality restrictions on providing one customer’s information to another), third party service providers and authorities in the following circumstances:
- Nasdaq Business Units, Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Business Partners and Customers. We may share your information with our business units, affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, and customers in the US and worldwide for purposes identified above. A list of Nasdaq’s offices by country is posted at: //business.nasdaq.com/discover/contact-us/index.html. By visiting or using our Sites or otherwise providing us with your information, you consent to this sharing of your information. To opt-out of such sharing, please contact us via email at email@example.com or at the location in the Contact Us section below.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., hosting or operating our Sites, processing credit card payments, sending email marketing communications, processing job applications, or data analysis). We do not authorize these third parties to use your information for purposes other than for which it has been provided, and do not authorize these third parties to disclose that information to unauthorized parties. We require these third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorized access or processing.
- As Required or Appropriate by Law. We may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, courts, and government agencies where we believe that doing so would be in accordance with or permitted or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process, to defend the interests, rights, and/or property of Nasdaq or others, or to respond to emergencies.
- Business Transfers. We may transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
We may share your information with other parties as directed by you or subject to your consent. We may also share and otherwise process aggregated information or de-identified information that does not identify you individually with other parties. For example, from time to time, we may utilize survey information collected from you on an aggregate, not individually identifiable, basis.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade your information to our service providers or business partners for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we have explicitly given you the option to opt-in or opt-out of such disclosures.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you use our Sites, we along with our affiliates, subsidiaries and third party service providers may use “cookies” and similar technologies (e.g., log files, clear gifs, and Flash LSOs) (collectively, “technology”). This technology involves placing small files/code on your device or browser that serve a number of purposes, such as remembering your preferences (e.g., language) and generally improving your experience on our Sites. Specifically, we may use such technology for purposes such as to:
- Provide us with general analytics about our Sites, including demographic information in a non-identifiable form, in order to improve our Sites’ performance and customize users’ experience;
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into your account;
- Allow you to engage in our social media offerings on our Sites (e.g., Facebook “Like” button and LinkedIn integration); and
- More effectively market our Sites and advertise other Sites that may be of interest to you.
To learn more about the technology used on our Sites and how to disable some of the technology, visit our more comprehensive Cookie Statement. Where required by law, we collect your consent for the use of such technologies.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from one of our Sites, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by: (1) using the unsubscribe method provided in our communications; (2) if you created an online account when you registered to receive our emails, you may log-in to your account on the applicable Site and make changes to your communication preferences; or (3) you can opt out by updating your preferences in the Email Alert section of our Sites. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing from our email marketing communications using the above methods, please contact us as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law. In addition, please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from one or all of our Sites, we may need to send you service-related communications and may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research and other purposes.
If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your information. Depending on applicable law, you may have the right, and we also provide you with the opportunity to be informed of whether we are processing your information and to access, correct, update, oppose, delete, block, limit or object, upon request and free of charge, to our use of your information to the extent required by applicable law. For such inquiries, please contact us as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
We take reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your information, including applying generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us during transmission and once we receive it. When we request sensitive information (e.g., credit card number) from you, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”). However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Some of the parties with which we may share your information, as detailed in “How We Share Your Information”, may be located in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection as your home country. Where required, Nasdaq has implemented appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection for transfers of certain personal information, including, but not limited to, the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (//ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/tran…). By using our Sites, and providing us information about you, you consent to the international transfer of information about you to the above parties.
Office of General Counsel – Privacy Team
805 King Farm Blvd
Rockville, MD 20850
Nasdaq, Inc. and Affiliated Companies Global Cookie Statement
Effective Date: March 5, 2018
Cookies. A cookie is a small text file saved on your device or browser. Some of these cookies are necessary for the functioning of our Sites (known as “strictly necessary” cookies), while others are not (known as “non-essential” cookies). Some cookies (known as “persistent cookies”) will remain on your device until you delete them, while others (known as “session cookies”) are automatically erased when you exit your Internet browser. We do not link the information we store in cookies to your information.
You can set your device or browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you in most situations that a cookie is offered so that you can decide whether to accept it. However, if you block cookies, certain features on our Sites may not function. Additionally, even if you block or delete Cookies, not all tracking will necessarily stop.
We may place or recognize technology on your browser or device when you visit our Sites for purposes of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising”). We also work with third party advertising companies who place their own cookies or similar technology on your browser or device when you visit our Sites and other websites to serve customized advertisements to you as you browse the Internet. As noted above, you can set your device or browser to accept or reject most cookies, or at least notify you in most situations that the technology is offered. As an additional step, these advertising companies may participate in one of the following advertising industry self-regulatory programs for online behavioral advertising, with corresponding user opt-outs:
- Networking Advertising Initiative (//www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) (US Only)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (//www.aboutads.info/choices/) (US Only)
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (//www.youronlinechoices.eu/) (EU Only)
- Digital Advertising Alliance – Canada (//youradchoices.ca/choices) (Canada Only)
- DAA App Choices Mobile App (Mobile Devices Only) – For mobile devices (e.g., smartphone, tablets), you may consider downloading the DAA AppChoices Mobile App to manage such technology.
Please note that even if you reject such technology, you may continue to receive advertisements, but the advertisements will not be tailored to your browsing activities and interests.
Log Files. We automatically gather log files, such as your IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data when you use our Sites. We may combine information in log files with your information.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs/Embedded Pixels). Clear Gifs are embedded on our Sites and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. The information collected by these technologies is associated with other technology and information, but only for internal tracking purposes only. We do not disclose or divulge such linkages outside of Nasdaq.
Flash LSOs. Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs” / “Flash Cookies”) display content based upon your preferences for how you like to view our Sites. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how information is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash LSOs. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash LSOs, click here.
Third party applications and APIs. We also offer and deliver services, content or interactive features through and/or using third party application programming interfaces, gadgets, extensions that are hosted on our Sites or through other third party websites or social networking platforms. When you use these services, products, applications, or otherwise connect with, or “accept” or “allow” third party applications, networks, platforms or services through our Sites, you are authorizing those third parties to receive your information and additionally to potentially share any or all of your information with us, based on your privacy or other settings on the particular third party network or platform. Any information we receive by these means will be treated and/or processed according to this Cookie Statement.
Changes to this Cookie Statement. Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Cookie Statement to reflect changes to our information collection practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Sites. Unless otherwise noted, any updates will become effective 30 days after posting the updates to the Cookie Statement, and apply to all information collected about you. If we make any changes to this Cookie Statement that materially impact previously collected information about you, we will, to the extent that we have your email address, notify you by email.
Contact Us. If you have any questions about this Cookie Statement or information we have collected about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at:
Office of General Counsel – Privacy Team
805 King Farm Blvd
Rockville, MD 20850